Sunday, September 2, 2012

Beijing or bust

Well, here I sit at SFO waiting for my 12 hour flight to Beijing where I will land 15 hours ahead of my home time zone. I'll arrive around 3:15pm and be met with a sign held up by my new best friend, Sophie. Sophie has been assigned to accompany me for my entire 3 weeks in China by the Chinese Cycling Association and is my official interpreter. Unofficially, I'm hoping we become chums and that she'll help me navigate China wherever we go. I say wherever because I haven't actually received the race technical guide that would normally provide the route details and start/finish cities; hence, aside from arrival and departure in Beijing, the only other city I know about is Xi'an. I fly there on Thursday, where I hope to visit the terra cotta warrior museum. This will surely be an adventure! I'll try to post some stories and images to keep my family and friends back home in the know. Next stop, China!

 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous looking Visa Carla! You go sister! So proud of you! Love you tons, Titine

    ReplyDelete